Message from the Acting Medical
Officer of Health - Hazel Lynn
The year of 2001 was one of many beginnings for the Grey Bruce Health Unit:
- A new name, reflective of the new municipal structure and a new logo
with gold and green for environment and growth in a circle of life.
- A new venture into political activism as we lobbied for smoke free work
and public places.
- New programs to ensure that all our babies and children get a good start
and a safe place to grow up.
- New legislation to protect our drinking water.
- New programs for hazard protection from West Nile Virus, pandemic
influenza and smallpox to Bioterrorism.
- Renewed efforts to lay down good emergency response plans at municipal,
county and provincial levels.
I am enthused about the future of Public Health as we continue to work with
the Board of Health, many community partners and health care professionals.
Thank you all for your help and encouragement as we work towards a healthier
lifestyle in a healthy environment.
Thanks too for the support and encouragement I have received as I work
towards a MHSc in Community Health and Epidemiology at University of Toronto.