Student Nutrition Programs
Public Health is
committed to helping the students of Grey and Bruce establish life long healthy
- Public Health supports the
Action: Creating a Healthy School Nutrition Environment.
(download PDF) Published by the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals
and the School Nutrition Workgroup Steering Committee. This document
contains recommendations to address the importance of healthy eating in the
school context and presents the link between nutritional health, learning and
chronic disease in children and adolescents.
Ontario Student Nutrition Programs
- Ontario Student Nutrition Programs are non-profit, universally accessible
nutrition programs for students.
- Funding for these programs flows from The Ministry of Children and Youth
- Nutrition Guidelines
are provided to assist school nutrition program providers in selecting
nutritious foods for breakfast, lunch and snacks in order to promote healthy
eating habits among students across the province.
Grey Bruce Eat & Learn
Bruce Eat & Learn is the name of our local student nutrition program. It is dedicated to
supporting child nutrition programs in over 70 locations in Grey and Bruce
What Grey Bruce Eat and Learn is all about:
- Helping to nourish children. We serve over 8500 children each day.
- Helping to serve over 500,000 breakfasts, lunches and snacks every school year.
- Supporting the work of over 60 local coordinators and their 300 community
- Providing nutrition education resources to children, parents and schools.
- Supporting research on the link between nutrition and learning.
- Partnering with corporations, foundations, various levels of government and
other community based organizations to ensure that all children in Grey and
Bruce attend school well nourished and ready to learn.
Grey Bruce Eat &
doesn't just feed kids - it nourishes communities!
Contact the Grey Bruce Eat and Learn Coordinator
Student Nutrition Program Coordinator
181-7th Street, Hanover, ON
Phone: 519-364-3770 ext. 647