||>> Home >
Make Physical Activity
Part of Your Day
- Walk whenever you can. Start with a 10-minute walk and gradually increase your
- Post a reminder at the elevator to use the stairs.
- Walk with a colleague at work and enjoy the social time together.
- Walk your child to school.
- If you sit all day at work, stretch or bend a few minutes every hour, and get up
Commute the active way: cycle or walk part way to work
- Plan to explore trails in Grey-Bruce with your children. Visit the
Bruce Grey Trail Network for trails in your
- Play with your kids.
- Do stretching exercises while watching TV
- Try an aquafit or exercise class Ė you donít have to make a long-term
- Plan your activities. Add a line in your daybook for physical activity.
- Fitness cannot be stored: Muscles work best when they are exercised.
- Every little bit counts but more often is even better. Everyone can do it!
We work with the Grey Bruce
community to protect and promote health
Grey Bruce Health Unit
101 17th Street East,
Owen Sound, ON N4K 0A5
Phone: 519-376-9420 or