5 Easy Steps to a Healthier Workplace
Get a copy of the Guide
for Building a Workplace Wellness Program [PDF].
- Build commitment – get senior management endorsement, get your
- Find out what employees need and want – there are a variety of
ways to understand what your employees consider to be important. A survey or
Needs Assessment can provide worthwhile information.
- Put together a plan based on what your employees want and what you
can do. The Health Unit has suggestions and resources to help meet these needs
in a variety of ways.
- Put activities in place. The Health Unit can assist you in
providing resources or linking you to groups who have the necessary resources to
meet your organizational needs, providing support and consultation.
- Follow up and revise your activities. Evaluating how well the
activities met the needs of your employees is important to the success of your
workplace initiative. What is working and what isn’t? What can we do to make
Creating and maintaining a healthier workplace
is an ongoing process.
Public Health works in partnership with workplaces to improve the health of the
workplace’s employees by offering;
- Consultation Services to guide you through the process,
- Support the activities planned by your wellness committee.