Parents: Help your teen understand what’s fact and fiction about marijuana
What teens say about cannabis use…What evidence tells us.
Effects of Cannabis Use during Adolescence
This Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse document reviews cannabis and its effect on the adolescent brain, the linkage between cannabis use and mental health, addictive properties of the drug, as well as interventions that are available if you are concerned about someone’s usage.
Talking with Teens - Video
Middlesex-London Health Unit has developed six short videos on:
- Talking with Teens about Drugs and Alcohol (video #1)
- Factors That Put Teens at Risk for Drug and Alcohol Use (video #2)
- Setting Boundaries and Consequences for you Teen Regarding Substance Use (video #3)
- Risks of Teens of Using Drugs and Alcohol (video #4)
- Signs of Drug and Alcohol Use in Teens (video #5)
- What if you Suspect Your Teen is Using Drugs or Alcohol (video #6)
The Effects of Youth Cannabis Use on the Developing Brain – Myth Busting - YouTube Video
Online Learning for the Effects of Cannabis Use during Adolescence
This learning series looks at youth cannabis use and current and emerging evidence.
Stats, Facts & Talking Points About Alcohol and Other Drugs
A parent resource guide to talking with your teens about making good decisions.
You, Your Teen and Substance Use
This resource has been developed by the Durham Region Health Department and is a guide to helping you talk to your teens about alcohol, cannabis and other drugs.