Tobacco Cessation Community of Practice
The majority of people who smoke want to quit and are making quit attempts.
In order to support tobacco users in quit attempts, we need an integrated and comprehensive approach to tobacco cessation in our community. By working together we can increase the reach of cessation interventions within Grey-Bruce and work towards removing the gaps that exist in our local cessation services and programs.
Together – WE can make a difference!
About the Grey Bruce Community of Practice for Tobacco Cessation
A “Community of Practice” (CoP) is a group of individuals brought together by a common passion or interest for what they do.
The purpose of the Grey Bruce Tobacco Cessation Community of Practice is to improve access to comprehensive cessation programs for those living within Grey-Bruce by:
- Building capacity among members to offer tobacco cessation services
- Working to remove gaps in local cessation services and programs
- Building supportive relationships across member organizations
- Knowledge exchange and training opportunities
- Meeting once per year based on members needs
- Regular updates by email
Benefits of Participating
- Access to information and resources related to Tobacco Cessation in Grey Bruce
- Updates on emerging trends
- Membership that includes individuals who work in a variety of diverse settings
- Tailored health professional cessation training / skill building
Who can join?
Anyone who has an interest in or works in the area of tobacco cessation in Grey-Bruce can join the community of practice.
Interested in joining the Grey Bruce Community of Practice for Tobacco Cessation?
For tools and resources to support your cessation work with clients check out this site: youcanmakeithappen.ca.
Content adapted with permission from the Central West Tobacco Control Area Network
E-bulletin Spring 2019
E-bulletin Fall 2018
E-bulletin Summer 2018
E-bulletin Spring 2018
E-bulletin Fall 2017
E-bulletin Spring 2017