National Sun Awareness Month
May 2 – 29, 2022
This May, Public Health is promoting the Canadian Dermatology Association’s month-long sun awareness campaign, part of National Sun Awareness Month.
The campaign informs Canadians about the importance of self skin examinations and the simple steps that can be taken to protect themselves and their families from the sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation exposure.
Throughout the month, the CDA will be sharing important sun awareness messages and resources for Canadians, including steps to conduct a self-examination and preventative actions across Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, CDA websites, media, and more.
Here are some important dates during the month of May 2022:
- Sun Awareness Week (May 2-8)
- Sun Awareness Month (May 2-29)
- CDA’s “Check Your Skin Day” (May 8)
- CDA’s TikTok Challenge Contest (May 9-27)
- CDA’s Dermalogues Podcast (May 16)
- CDA’s Instagram Live Q&A Event (May 19 at 7-7:30 p.m. ET)
For daily sun awareness content, visit the campaign website checkyourskin.ca.