Safety Key Messages
Public Health Agency of Canada, Vaccine Safety Key Messages
Common reactions to vaccine(s) are mild and may include:
- itching and/or rash at the injection site
- headache or dizziness (less common)
Severe allergic reactions are very rare. The dangers of vaccine-preventable diseases are many times worse than the risks of a serious reaction to the vaccine.
Get medical attention immediately if you develop any of the following symptoms within 3 days of getting the needle:
- swelling of the mouth and throat
- trouble breathing, hoarseness or wheezing
- high fever (over 40⁰C/104⁰F)
- convulsions or seizures
- or any other serious reaction to the vaccine
Immunize Canada- Vaccine Safety
- The vaccines used in Canada are highly effective and extremely safe.
- Health authorities worldwide take vaccine safety very seriously. Expert committees in Canada investigate reports of serious adverse events.
If you have questions or concerns, talk to your doctor or nurse practitioner or call to speak to a vaccine team nurse at 519-376-9420 ext.
Or email us at email@example.com
You might also like Diseases and Immunizations