The Foundations for a Healthy School is designed to help contribute to a learning environment that promotes and supports the child and student well-being, their cognitive, emotional, social and physical development not just academic success. The research is clear; healthy students are better prepared to learn, and education is a key determinant of health. These five interconnected areas will help schools, school boards, parents and community partners to work together to develop a comprehensive approach to healthy school policies, programs and initiatives:
Curriculum, Teaching & Learning
School & Classroom Leadership
Social & Physical Environments
Home, School & Community Partnerships
Public Health Staff are available to support Grey Bruce schools by providing curriculum support and resources. We are committed to working in partnership with our School Boards and Schools to help influence the development and implementation of health related policies and supportive environments.
What Can Public Health staff provide for you?
- Provide evidence based health education supports and resources to all school community members
- Be a part of a comprehensive team that fosters a positive school climate
- Support the implementation of school health policies
- Link teachers to reliable health education resources
- Empower students to develop personal skills
To Contact Public Health Staff associated with your school, see the attached map and list of schools to see who your Public Health Nurse is. You can also call us at 519-376-9420.
Healthy School Public Health Nurses
Healthy School Coverage