Looking for a career in Public Health?
The Grey Bruce Health Unit is located in Owen Sound. Our 60,000 square foot environmentally friendly building is designed to enhance the working environment and enable our staff to provide effective service to our clients and community. We provide services to approximately 160,000 people within the Grey and Bruce Counties.
The Grey Bruce Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer. We employ people in a variety of disciplines with diverse skills and abilities.
Why work for the Grey Bruce Health Unit?
- Join a Progressive, Client Centred Organization. The Grey Bruce Health Unit continually seeks new ways to become more accessible to our community, more efficient in communicating our message, and more effective in our service to the residents of Grey and Bruce.
- Contribute to Your Community. The satisfaction of contributing to the health and wellness of your community is measureless.
- Competitive Wages and Benefits. The Grey Bruce Health Unit offers competitive pay and an excellent benefit package.
- Pension Plan. We participate in the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS). Membership is available to all full-time and eligible part-time and casual employees.
- Employee Assistance Provider. We have partnered with Lifeworks to provide employees and their eligible dependants with 24-hour confidential counselling and referral services.
- Work-Life Balance. Our flex time policy permits flexible scheduling to accommodate both personal and work related demands.
- Professional Development. The Grey Bruce Health Unit supports staff development and continuing education to assist employees in keeping current with the job function and enhancing their public health core competencies.
- Employee Recognition. Our staff are our greatest asset and we believe that recognition shows employees that they are valuable contributors to accomplishing the Health Unit mission, vision and values.