Fake COVID-19 Face Mask Medical Exemption Card
The Grey Bruce Health Unit advises the public there is no requirement for a COVID-19 Face Mask Medical Exemption Card or anything similar. These card are being sold as a scam.
Medical Exemption Cards, a doctor’s note or any other exemption affidavit is not required for anyone unable to wear a face covering for medical or other reasons.
Persons exempt from wearing face coverings include:
- a child under the age of 2 years or a child under the age of 5 years either chronologically or developmentally and he or she refuses to wear a face covering
- anyone incapacitated and unable to remove their face covering without assistance;
- when wearing a face covering would inhibit the person’s ability to breathe in any way;
- for any other medical reason, the person cannot safely wear a face covering such as, but not limited to, respiratory disease, cognitive difficulties or difficulties in hearing or processing information
- The obligation to provide reasonable accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code requires exemption from this requirement.
Attachment: Sample of Fake Face Mask Medical Exemption Card
For More Information:
Dr. Ian Arra, Medical Officer of Health and Chief Executive Officer
To arrange to speak with Dr. Arra, please contact Drew Ferguson at:
519-376-9420 or 1-800-263-3456 ext. 1269 or firstname.lastname@example.org