School Cohort COVID-19 Testing Clinic
In collaboration with the Town of Saugeen Shores, the Grey Bruce Health Unit is setting up a COVID-19 field-testing clinic within the community. The clinic will provide timely and equitable testing to support families impacted by school cohort dismissals (one in Saugeen District Senior School and one in Port Elgin Saugeen Central School).
The Clinic will be in Port Elgin in the Plex Parking Lot, at 600 Tomlinson Drive, Port Elgin ON. The clinic is taking place on Wednesday, October 13th 2021, from 9am to noon.
- 9am-10am the effected cohorts from Port Elgin Saugeen Central School
- 10am-11am the effected cohort from Saugeen District Senior School.
The Grey Bruce Health Unit School Health Team have contacted over 120 individuals within the dismissed cohorts. They have received multiple correspondence from the schools to alert them to this clinic based on the school’s email and texting system to parents and guardians.
Those not considered at risk are not to attend these testing clinics. Public Health has contacted everyone requiring testing.
As a reminder, in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, everyone must follow the provincial rules:
- You must screen each day before work and school
- You must stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms.
- Everyone in your household (unless they are fully vaccinated) must also stay home until you get a negative COVID-19 test result, or you are cleared by public health, or you are diagnosed with another illness.
- When there is someone in the household that has COVID-19 symptoms, parents must not send unvaccinated children that are symptom-free to childcare, school or youth activities
- Get a COVID-19 test at an Assessment Centre (not a rapid antigen test) if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or are a contact of a known COVID-19 case.
- Upon returning to school or childcare, you must complete the relevant attestation form, declaring that you have met the requirements to return safely.
- Even if you pass the COVID-19 screening tool, anyone with any illness should refrain from attending work or school.
For More Information:
Dr. Ian Arra, MD MSc FRCPC ACPM ABPM
Medical Officer of Health and Chief Executive Officer
To arrange to speak with Dr. Arra, please contact Drew Ferguson at:
519-376-9420 or 1-800-263-3456 ext. 1269 or firstname.lastname@example.org