Immunization Records and Reporting


You must contact the Health Unit every time your child receives an immunization so that we can keep your child’s record updated and accurate.

Your Doctor’s office or Emergency Department does not do this.


Children and adolescents need to be up-to-date with their immunizations to be protected against some very serious diseases. Everyone, including adults, should have a personal immunization record indicating dates of all vaccinations since birth.


The Grey Bruce Health Unit maintains immunization records for all children and adolescents from 0-18 years of age. In Ontario, the law requires that children registered in schools and daycares must be completely immunized (or have valid exemptions in place) according to the Immunization of School Pupils Act and the Day Nurseries Act. If there is an outbreak these records are important in identifying children and students who may be at risk of contracting a vaccine preventable disease.  In case of a disease outbreak, a database is used to quickly access records to help control spread of disease in our communities. 



To report  your child’s immunization, you may submit the information on-line or contact us via email, fax or phone:

On-Line: Report Immunizations Here

Fax: 519-376-7782


Telephone:  Owen Sound Office @ 519-376-9420 or 1-800-263-3456

Mail: 101 17th Street East,

Owen Sound, ON, N4K 0A5


Share this page