The health unit works to support access to safe, nutritious, appropriate, affordable food in our communities. Health Unit staff work together and with the community to:
- Assess and report on the nutritional health of our communities.
- Create policies, supportive environments and programs to support healthy eating.
- Engage with our communities to increase the intake of nutritious foods for the health of people and the planet.
- Empower partners and communities to dismantle diet culture and support healthy relationships with food and bodies.
- Lead and support members of the public and community partners to address household food insecurity and positive food systems.
Helpful Nutrition Resources
What and how you eat is an important part of your overall health and wellness. Follow the guidelines set out in Canada's Food Guide to make sure that you are getting the proper nutrients.
Visit unlock food for information curated by dietitians about a variety of nutrition topics. You can find new recipes and information about making healthy choices.
Use Health Connect Ontario to access free nutrition information from a Registered Dietitian. This service allows you to chat online or by phone (dial 811).