Do you or someone close to you have experience with Breastfeeding? We want to hear your story!
The Grey Bruce Health Unit wants to share local stories across Grey Bruce that highlight the breastfeeding experience. Your successes, accomplishments, challenges, struggles, who supported you, and in what way.
We want to hear from mothers as well as their partners, friends, grandparents, family members, and anyone who wants to take part in the conversation.
Tell us your story in written or video form, or visually through photographs (Written: 250 words maximum, Video: Less than 10 MB and 2 minutes or less, pictures in JPG form). Provide a brief description to go along with photographs. Please be sure NOT to identify names of individuals, organizations, or businesses in your submission.
Here are a few ideas and suggestions for your submission:
- Tell us your name and a little bit about yourself
- Did you or are you currently breastfeeding? Did you want to breastfeed and were unable to?
- Why is breastfeeding important to you or your loved one?
- Tell us about a time when you were supported to breastfeed. What challenges were you facing? (e.g. keeping up with stuff around the house, returning to work, breastfeeding while looking after other children, etc.)
- Do you think breastfeeding in public is accepted in Grey Bruce?
- Any ideas of how support people could help breastfeeding mothers?
Submissions will be received until October 31, 2017.
Submission are reviewed and, if accepted, will be used on our website and social media to support the community conversation around breastfeeding.
Please read our permission to use and then click the link below to submit your story.
Permission to use Pictures, Videos, and Written Content
By making this submission, I allow the Grey Bruce Health Unit to use, make public and copy the submitted images, videos, and written content for:
- teaching purposes
- messaging purposes, and
- any other purpose the Grey Bruce Health Unit, in its good judgment, sees fit.
I am aware this material may be copied and used outside of Grey and Bruce Counties.
I understand that the Grey Bruce Health Unit commits to only using images/recordings in a respectful manner. I will not hold the Grey Bruce Health Unit, or anyone acting on their behalf, responsible for any damages that I may suffer as a result of the future use, misuse or modification of the image/submission, whether intended or not and whether appropriate or not.
Submit Your Story (Email your story to us using your default program)