Free Online Prenatal Course
Learn how to have a healthy, positive pregnancy and parenting experience.
- Pregnancy changes and how the baby develops
- Healthy living choices (e.g., healthy eating and physical activity)
- The stages of labour and signs of preterm labour to look out for
- Different labour positions and ways to breathe and relax
- Medical interventions (e.g., epidural and Caesarean birth/c-section)
- Mom’s health after baby’s birth
- Caring for a newborn
- Community resources
With online classes you can learn at your own pace, whenever you have time.
To use the online prenatal course, you’ll need a computer and:
- High speed internet. Dial-up internet will work, but the program will take longer to download.
- Audio (sound card and speakers or earphones).
- Adobe Macromedia Flash Player and Acrobat Reader (download for free from Adobe).
- Active X controls enabled.
- Pop-ups turned ON.
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Firefox, or Safari.
How to Register
You can register for this free online course in one of two ways;
- Register online anytime. After you register, you will be contacted with your access code.
- Call the Grey Bruce Health Unit at 519-376-9420 Ext 1221 or toll free at 1-800-263-3456, Monday to Friday from 9am-4pm
* Open to residents of Grey Bruce only