Distraction is anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the task at hand. Drivers using a mobile phone may be 4 times more likely to crash.
Here are some tips from Parachute Canada to help you stay safe behind the wheel.
- Either mute or turn off your cell phone before leaving, storing then away to avoid usage
- Use car controls responsibly and maintain awareness of the roadways
- Do not eat, drink or groom yourself while driving
- Follow laws and regulations where you are driving
- Ensure you are aware of your surroundings
- Become a role model for passengers in your vehicle.